[Sugar-devel] OLPC mesh support in Sugar-0.84

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Thu May 20 11:40:05 EDT 2010

On 20 May 2010 02:53, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org> wrote:
> El Wed, 19-05-2010 a las 21:40 -0400, Bernie Innocenti escribió:
>> I'll probably change your mind this week-end when I'll show you how the
>> 0.88 build is coming along :-)
>
> Sorry to respond to myself. I realized that I may have sounded like an
> overconfident, pretentious jerk. (thus betraying my actual nature :-)
>
> While I could work quietly and let the facts speak by themselves in due
> time, I think it's important to get everyone working together from the
> beginning.

Yes, I agree with everything you're saying and am glad to see that
you'll be putting in the required effort to get things stable.

However, backporting mesh support to Sugar-0.84 is still of huge value
and is not much work, and is something that can be done today. As you
say, Sugar-0.88 will need a month or two of testing and fixing before
we can be confident as a community that it's cooked (maybe it's ready
today, but the fact remains that it's seen much less use and testing
than 0.82 and 0.84, so it's too early to be sure).

Daniel