[Sugar-devel] OLPC mesh support in Sugar-0.84

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Thu May 20 01:30:54 EDT 2010

El Thu, 20-05-2010 a las 00:00 -0400, Martin Langhoff escribió:
> My main concern is test coverage. If we had more formalised testing
> (of the style of http://wiki.laptop.org/go/TestPlan_8.2.0 ) and the
> manpower to do it, then we'd know more.
>
> (I am working on getting some QA organised.)
>
> It is great that more people are getting actively involved.
> Stabilisation is a tricky aspect though -- it is about mapping the
> invisible parts of the iceberg as well as fixing the bugs themselves.

Thank you, this would be invaluable help! During the 0.84 cycle, I ended
up finding some very nasty bugs just a few days before the final release
because my testers either weren't real end-users of Sugar or did not
know how to report bugs.

I've been thinking of how to effective testing with end-users without
disrupting too much the work of teachers. Hopefully, we won't repeat the
same mistakes twice.

Yesterday, Tomeu and I talked about reviving the Bug Squad and I offered
to use the F11-XO1-0.88 series as a vehicle for testing some desirable
new features in a controlled fashion to ease integration. This is only
feasible at the beginning of the development cycle, of course.