[Sugar-devel] Announcing the Development Team Lead election

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Sat May 15 12:48:38 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

Tomeu's stepping down as the Development Team Lead¹, and we'd like to
elect a replacement.  This is an important position -- the team lead
is responsible for setting clear goals for the team, being a
responsive upstream for work we receive from the community, appointing
a release manager for the next (0.90) release and helping to define
its scope, and holding regular Development Team meetings on IRC,
including coordination with the Design and Deployment Teams on new
features.  There are more details on the role and the team here:

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Development_Team

The position is open to anyone; if you're interested in nominating
yourself, just add your name and platform to:

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Development_Team/Team_Lead_Candidates_2010_05

The platform -- and the election as a whole -- is an opportunity to
express your view on development directions that Sugar should take.

The nomination period will be open for seven days, closing at 00:00
UTC on May 22nd.  Then the election will run for ten days, starting
at 00:00 UTC on May 22nd and finishing at 00:00 UTC on June 1st.
All Sugar Labs members are eligible to vote, and will receive a token
for doing so by e-mail.  I've volunteered to run the election.

Finally, many thanks to Tomeu Vizoso and Simon Schampijer for their
great work as the Development Team Lead and Release Manager!

- Chris.

¹:  http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/2010-May/023825.html
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>