[Sugar-devel] Bookserver for deployments

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Fri May 14 13:40:00 EDT 2010

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 12:44 AM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 4:42 PM, Sayamindu Dasgupta <sayamindu at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Kushal and I have been working on a bookserver, which we believe,
>
> Hi Sayamindu,
>
> interesting! Does it relate to Mike's SDL?
>
> cheers,

Hi Martin,
The usecase is very much similar to SDL. However, it goes beyond SDL
to provide OPDS output, and support OpenSearch, so it is not
restricted just to the browser. For Sugar, one may access and search
the catalog from Browse¹, as well as from Get Books. Moreover, the
catalog can be also accessible from other software such as Aldiko².
Moreover, I have a few more nifty features in mind (such as locally
mirroring other catalogs to save bandwidth, etc), which would be
helpful to deployments.
Thanks,
Sayamindu

[1] Search is not yet there in the HTML interface.
[2] http://code.google.com/p/openpub/wiki/Implementors
--
Sayamindu Dasgupta