[Sugar-devel] Patchwork

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Tue May 11 14:18:05 EDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-05-11 at 16:37 +0200, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
> I'm puzzled at how you reached this conclusion, all I'm asking is to
> lower the hostility.

By all means, I didn't mean to sound hostile, you know that I always
talk like this! Look, I was referring to us as a group, not you or any
anyone else in particular:

  If people really think of this feature as a must-have, I could
  dedicate some of my time to make it work. Quite frankly, I think
  we're way too obsessed with trackability for a project which is
  still in its infancy, with major subsystems still to be written
  (or rewritten). Excessive pedantry at the pre-1.0 stage hurts the
  development process more than it helps it.

I still stand by this, although I could use milder terms:

  s/obsessed/preoccupied/
  s/pedantry/rigidity/

> We are asking people to add the url to the commit manually now and I
> don't see why we would *need* to change that right now.
>
> Even more, I'm personally ok with not having the bug -> commit
> reference as long as we make sure there's a url to the bug or at the
> very least the bug id in the commit message.

Ok, then I just misunderstood. I think this is also what Quozl proposed,
and what most projects normally do.

I'll try to automate updating the ticket when the patch is pushed to
Gitorious, though. It looks like Trac can already do this with
Subversion.