[Sugar-devel] Patchwork

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net
Tue May 11 08:35:51 EDT 2010

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 14:10, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-05-11 at 07:42 -0400, Bernie Innocenti wrote:
>> How about just pasting the link to the patchwork thread manually when
>> closing the bug? It would save some developer time if we had a
>> post-receive hook for updating Trac automatically when someone pushes
>> the fix. GCC does this to update Bugzilla from Subversion.
>
> Found something:
>
>  http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracFaq#can-trac-automatically-update-a-ticket-when-i-commit-a-changeset
>

> I'm afraid we'd have to write our own script, though: the existing ones
> are written for Subversion and assume that Git and Trac live on the same
> host.
>
> If people really think of this feature as a must-have, I could dedicate
> some of my time to make it work. Quite frankly, I think we're way too
> obsessed with trackability for a project which is still in its infancy,
> with major subsystems still to be written (or rewritten). Excessive
> pedantry at the pre-1.0 stage hurts the development process more than it
> helps it.

"Obsessed" and "pedantry" don't help at all in this discussion, please
try to be fair to the people you discuss with and avoid adding
unnecessary drama.

If you don't help me reach consensus, I will just forget about this
issue and keep doing my job.

Also, if people cannot find ways to improve the tools that support the
new process, maybe it's better to stay with the old one for the time
being?

Regards,

Tomeu