[Sugar-devel] Patchwork

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Tue May 11 08:10:17 EDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-05-11 at 07:42 -0400, Bernie Innocenti wrote:
> How about just pasting the link to the patchwork thread manually when
> closing the bug? It would save some developer time if we had a
> post-receive hook for updating Trac automatically when someone pushes
> the fix. GCC does this to update Bugzilla from Subversion.

Found something:

 http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracFaq#can-trac-automatically-update-a-ticket-when-i-commit-a-changeset

I'm afraid we'd have to write our own script, though: the existing ones
are written for Subversion and assume that Git and Trac live on the same
host.

If people really think of this feature as a must-have, I could dedicate
some of my time to make it work. Quite frankly, I think we're way too
obsessed with trackability for a project which is still in its infancy,
with major subsystems still to be written (or rewritten). Excessive
pedantry at the pre-1.0 stage hurts the development process more than it
helps it.