[Sugar-devel] Keyboard navigability of the Sugar UI

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Sat May 1 02:56:05 EDT 2010

El Sat, 01-05-2010 a las 01:05 -0300, Gonzalo Odiard escribió:
> I would like to work with 0.84 and port to 0.90.

At Paraguay Educa we've been also focusing a lot on 0.84 lately.

However, I'm starting to worry the history will repeat once again: many
deployments have been patching 0.82 with fixes and new features that
were never upstreamed, making the transition to 0.84 much more painful
that it would have been otherwise.

Now we're trying to minimize the gap between development versions of
Sugar and what deployments ship. The good news is that there should be
pretty good activity compatibility across 0.84, 0.86 and 0.88.

In Paraguay we're about to start a new development cycle to rebase the
Fedora 11 builds on Sugar 0.88. Much of the stabilization effort of the
0.84 cycle actually went into the OS and activities, so I'm quite
optimist.

> I have read your bug #1969 and contacted a blind programmer to check
> the selected keys. We can write in the wiki a plan and work together
> with small patches.

Great! Small patches have a higher potential to apply cleanly to both
0.84 and 0.90.