[Sugar-devel] SoaS 3 Activity list

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Mon Mar 29 11:32:44 EDT 2010

Peter:

I just tested soas-i386-20100328.17.iso

As a 2GB Firefly USB formated fat16 labeled FEDORA (before use)
Using Ubuntu 9.04 terminal

sudo su
password:
su -c "livecd-iso-to-disk  --format --reset-mbr
/home/xxxx/Desktop/soas-i386-20100328.17.iso /dev/sdg"

It boots fine on a EeePC900

Problem is that IRC application has not been fixed yet...
it gives popup : "IRC failed to start" [Stop]

The fix is that sebastian acknowledged was to be done.

cd  /usr/share/sugar/activities/

rm -R IRC.activity
and step thru all files to delete until application is removed
Use Browse to go to ASLO (activities)
search for irc
do download now
Now IRC starts fine

I think the problem is the installed xoirc is version 6
the downloaded irc.xo is version 5
(they seem to be distinctly different applications)

Tom Gilliard
satellit