[Sugar-devel] SoaS change in engineering direction: activity questions

Mel Chua mel at melchua.com
Mon Mar 29 09:31:19 EDT 2010

> What is the criteria for selecting the minimal set ? Is there a
> process to review and modify the minimal set for upcoming releases
> (ie. is this the frozen/final list) ? As a minimal set ensures that
> these activities are necessarily translated/localized, is there a
> means to mark them appropriately in Pootle as part of translation team
> goals ?

I've been thinking about what Sankarshan said - we /should/ be listing
criteria for selecting the minimal set. This is probably more useful
for thinking about inclusion for v.4 at this point, but here's  first
draft at http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/SoaS_Activity_Criteria. (It's
also linked from
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick/Getting_Involved#Join_the_development_effort.)
It's not policy - rather, it's an attempt to start hearing thoughts on
what the inclusion criteria ought to be.

I tried to include the things I've heard discussed on lists so far
(translation, etc.) Patches and discussion welcome - thanks for
starting the conversation, Sankarshan!

--Mel