[Sugar-devel] unable to share Activities on XO-1.5

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Mar 29 00:04:28 EDT 2010

G'day Adam,

http://laptop.org/7.1.0/gettingstarted/sharing.shtml is correct as far
as it goes, and is the method I've used to test sharing between two
XO-1.5 running os116.  I didn't experience any difficulty, but the
sharing does depend on the environment.  I've had it working via ad-hoc
"Create new wireless network" and via access point.  I've no cable
available.

There are several ways it can fail, but the sample problem report
suggests that a slow or lossy network (Abiword in two minutes) was the
main problem.  The usual causes of a slow or lossy network are
radiofrequency interference or other wireless traffic nearby.

I'd like to know if the XO-1 was tested in the same location and at the
same time, and if so whether the XO-1's were configured or had settled
on mesh channel 1.

Further diagnosis of the problem is certainly possible using shell tools
in the Terminal window, but I'm not sure if you want that level of
detail.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/