[Sugar-devel] SoaS change in engineering direction: activity questions

Sun Mar 21 13:10:28 EDT 2010

On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 7:55 AM, Sebastian Dziallas <sebastian at when.com> wrote:
> SoaS engineering just proposed a major change-in-direction for the
> upcoming (Mirabelle) release. See
> http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/soas/2010-March/000906.html and
> http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/marketing/2010-March/002727.html for
> more information - the short version is that instead of "include all
> Activites by default," we're thinking of shipping very few (6)
> Activities by default - the ones that help users get further Activities
> and help - and driving them to ASLO to download Activities and engage
> directly with Activity creators (you!) instead.

What is the criteria for selecting the minimal set ? Is there a
process to review and modify the minimal set for upcoming releases
(ie. is this the frozen/final list) ? As a minimal set ensures that
these activities are necessarily translated/localized, is there a
means to mark them appropriately in Pootle as part of translation team
goals ?

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog>