[Sugar-devel] ASLO - Activities with 0.82 compatibility

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 11:39:57 EDT 2010

In exploring what updated activites we can ship in 8.2.2, I found lots
of excellent activity updates (THANKS!). I also found that ASLO data
is in a few cases over-optimistic in its compatibility claims...

The testing I am doing saves me from looking /too/ foolish, but end
users will be frustrated if ASLO suggests something that doesn't work
on their Sugar.

Not a big deal I hope, just a matter of marking the versions as not
compatible with 0.82 :-)

 - Log 18 -- fails to start, errors out on "import gio". (Which is a
Python dep, but I cannot find it on the distros versions that are
likely to be shipping 0.82). Last-known-good: v16

 - Paint 27 -- shared paint sessions fail to start on the buddy.
Last-known-good: v23

 - Read 86 -- uses gconf, dies on 'import gconf'. Last-known-good: v56

 - Measure 29 -- "Keep error" (this may be just a bug - filed
http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/1845 ). Last-known-good: v24

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions
 - don't get distracted with shiny stuff  - working code first