[Sugar-devel] Fwd: Porting a game to Sugar

James Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 10:45:08 EDT 2010

Tomeu and everyone,

John is trying to follow my instructions on setting up a collaboration
test environment for his Sugar Activity.  It isn't working for him on
F12 and I couldn't get my own test environment working on F11.  All
the testing I did for the book was on F10 using Salut with the F10
firewall program disabled.  I think my instructions are good as far as
they go, but there may be security issues preventing them from
working.  The only thing I can think of that MIGHT help is to use
jabber.sugarlabs.org as a server.  It seems to me that has worked for
me on F11 in the past.  The problem I had with it when it didn't work
recently was that I could see others on the network but my instances
could not see each other.  I believe this was caused by configuration
on the server that limited the number of active users.

If anyone can help him he'd be grateful.  The only things I can suggest are:

1).  Use jabber.sugarlabs.org instead of Salut.
2).  As a *last* resort, downgrade to F10 and disable the firewall.

James Simmons