[Sugar-devel] [ASLO] Release Read ETexts-19

Gabriel Eirea geirea at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 13:58:10 EDT 2010

> I find the idea of multiple Journal Activities appealing, and I think
> I could write "Sugar Commander" myself, except that it would only work
> for copying from the external media into the Journal, not from the
> Journal to the media.

 I like this thread. This is a consistent demand from teachers in
Uruguay. Some time ago I created LeerPendrive [0], which allows the
user to browse the usb drive with a directory structure and copy the
files to the clipboard. (From the clipboard they can easily copy them
to the journal.) In spite of being very simple, it has been very used.
It is a pity that because it is just an activity you can't copy both
ways. I like the idea of integrating something like this in the sugar
core so you can do exactly that.

Regards,

Gabriel

[0] http://drupal.ceibaljam.org/sites/default/files/LeerPendrive-1.xo