[Sugar-devel] [FEATURE][DESIGN] Feedback requested for an interactive introduction tutorial to Sugar

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 09:56:29 EDT 2010

I'm working on a different approach to introducing the XO and Sugar,
by encouraging exploration rather than by explaining everything. It is
based on my Wiki page

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/The_Undiscoverable

You will see that a proper tutorial has to cover more than the Frame,
Views, Journal, Browse, and Write. We cannot assume that children in
developing countries know anything--not international symbols, not
mousing, not icons and menus.

There is an early partial draft posted at
http://booki.flossmanuals.net/discovering-discovery/ , which is
currently down. This may have something to do with changes for the
Alpha release of Booki.

http://www.earthtreasury.org/