[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] Children want Sugar 0.84, for the wrong reason

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Sat Mar 13 14:13:13 EST 2010

Forgot to answer a paragraph:

On Sat, 2010-03-13 at 12:07 -0500, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 11:50 AM, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org> wrote:
> > If you ask me: our recent F11-XO1 builds have reached equal or better
> > quality than build 801, provided you disable automatic power management.
>
> Are all activities working, including collaboration? In Gnome, can you
> actually use FF? Camera?

I've seen some users using Firefox, so it probably works well enough.
I've noticed some annoying graphics artifacts on buttons, probably
caused by a geode driver bug exposed by the gtk theme.

I've been focusing exclusively on Sugar and core activities. Gnome is
very popular among children, but I'm not particularly motivated in
supporting it.

Frankly, I also don't test Sugar beyond very basic functionality:
networking, journal, browse... Not only I wouldn't have time to
comprehensively test every activity, I also wouldn't do the same things
that creative users actually do with them.

Instead, I've invested on building a testing team form a small crowd of
smart children who are using their laptops 6 hours a day.