[Sugar-devel] Children want Sugar 0.84, for the wrong reason

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Sat Mar 13 07:35:55 EST 2010

On 13.03.2010, at 11:56, Bernie Innocenti wrote:

> I've spent three days in Caacupè, observing how the new F11-XO1 build is
> doing among our young user base. It's a great success, but for the wrong
> reason:
>
>  http://codewiz.org/wiki/blog/2010/03#mon-mar-8--children-want-sugar-084-for-the-wrong-reasons

Very valid observation. My kids change their desktop wallpaper about every week.

So +1 to look customization. E.g., why not allow to change the gray frame color? In Etoys you can at least change the toolbar color (not permanently though, I should fix that). Even if it enrages our latte-drinking black-wearing designer friends ;) they're kids after all ...

- Bert -