[Sugar-devel] logging activity

Wendy van Thiel wendyvanthiel at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 06:02:11 EST 2010

For a study, we would like to analyze what is actually done with the laptop
(version os708). With the journal activity, it is possible to get the data
store from the laptops to see which activities are done and when. The
question remains how long these activities are done actively. There are
several ways imaginable of trying to get this information from the XO.
Currently, I just want to insert some code that if activity has taken place
(e.g. key press, touch pad) it adds a line to a specific log file with the
type of activity every one or two minutes. Before spending more time on
exploration, I would like to discuss possibilities or hear your suggestions
about the best approach to reach (and implement) this.

Greetings,

Wendy