[Sugar-devel] Seeking enlightenment...

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net
Wed Mar 10 02:12:20 EST 2010

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 06:31, Michael Stone <michael at laptop.org> wrote:
> Tomeu,
>
> In what way is Sugar or the Sugar community materially improved by deferring
> Wade's patches in #1447 to sugar-0.90?

It missed several freezes and nobody is following the processes for
requesting exceptions. If it is so important, I hope someone will take
the time to push it forward this time, taking the release process into
account.

Also, mind that features can be backported to the 0.88 branch after 0.88.0.

About your specific question, I'm unfortunately unable to think about
how every action I may take will impact Sugar or its community, and of
course also unable to discuss with all the others how every action we
may take could materially affect Sugar or its community. That's what
we have processes for and I hope people will understand it.

Our processes are flexible and have provisions for things that fall
through the cracks, but it depends on people helping out and not
expecting maintainers to do everything.

If you are very concerned about situations like this, I suggest you to
help Sascha with the review queue report, which could have allowed us
to avoid this in the first place.

A request to repliers of this thread: please be considerate to others
and think before you hit the send button if your comments and
questions are your best way to help. Maintainers have an unfair amount
of work to do pushing the 0.88 release forward and endless discussions
might not be what we need right now.

Thanks,

Tomeu