[Sugar-devel] GSoc 2010 - Feedback requested
paperless at timmcnamara.co.nz
Tue Mar 9 16:24:41 EST 2010
Welcome to another round of GSoC. I welcome your thoughts on a few issues.
Here are some topic headers for discussion:
*any suggestions on how to recruit?*
*How should we as a group deal with*
*problems that we could face, any recommended counter-strategies*
- shy students / reluctance to engage on lists, etc
- supporting the mentors
- incorporating code.. separate branches or regularly submitting to the
*what is the best way to monitor progress? should we make progress reports
- which mailing lists should we encourage students to join?
- weekly, fourtnightly, monthly progress reporting?
- keep progress reports between student/mentor?
*what should Sugar Labs & mentors be looking for*
- coding style
- level of comments
- lines of code per week
*Potential assessment criteria*
*what is the relative importance of*
- IAEP, e.g. that the student 'gets' the education philosophy rather than a
pure technology focus
- Willingness to learn from mentor's advice
- Code quality
- Code quantity
- Communication skills
Sugar Labs GSoC 2010 Coordinator
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Sugar-devel