[Sugar-devel] [SLOBS] Oversight Board request: Not fully bundled .xo

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Thu Mar 4 16:11:30 EST 2010

Hi Aleksey,

   > Can activity bundles on Activity Library [1] be not fully bundled
   > and demand additional (except having .xo) steps (that in most
   > cases will demand network connection) to its launch.

Sounds like this should be a Development Team/Deployment Team
decision, unless you've already tried hard and failed to reach
agreement there.  (Do you think that's the case?)

Speaking as part of that Devel Team discussion (and not as a SLOB),
the current setup of not knowing beforehand whether a .xo bundle is a
complete activity or a partial activity is really hard to deal with.
I think the current situation is very frustrating for anyone who is
downloading activities on a separate machine to the one they run them
from, such as XO users who depend on other people to download and
bring them activities with sneakernet.

I think that these partial activities should not be used until we've
found a way to make their dependencies (a) obvious to people who are
downloading the activity from ASLO, and (b) easily downloadable at
the time as the activity, to enable sneakernet downloading.

Thanks!

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>