[Sugar-devel] Fwd: Free From Malaria Game

Kevin Mark kevin.mark at verizon.net
Fri Jun 25 23:50:26 EDT 2010

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 03:55:44PM +0100, World Class Project- Dev Team wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>

> Thank you all for the input in this instance. James no problem, sometimes the
> conversation gets a bit lost in message threads, sorry :)
>

> So I really have two options which I will consider.
>
> 1) Ask for advice from the oversight committee on this type of restricted
> license in this instance, and possible for future health related activities.
>
> 2) Create a locked/password protected section of the activity that allows
> controlled modification of the health message images and text and publish under
> normal free access CC.
>

> I genuinely have no objection to user modification in theory, however the
> activity was primarily developed to portray scientifically accepted
> peer-reviewed guidance, and I hope the message remains intact.
>

> I appreciate everyone's thought on this,
>
> WCP
I somehow am very naiete with respect to this idea of trying to apply a
restictive license to text because someone might alter them and cause some
major disaster. And then suggesting what seems like DRM to 'protect' this
content? I feel that a really interested party will find a way to work around
any license or DRM issue, so I somehow feel that the text should be provided
with a license that might limit how it will be derived like maybe 'CC
no-diriv'? I expect moral people to respect the license and to want to provide
the health benefit of this content. I also would expect the application to be
controlled by people who will make sure they use your good content. I dont
expect some rogue group to alter the it to damage peoples health. But I may
be very confused. Any comments are appricated.

--
|  .''`.  == Debian GNU/Linux ==.| http://kevix.myopenid.com......|
| : :' :     The Universal OS....| mysite.verizon.net/kevin.mark/.|