[Sugar-devel] Fwd: Free From Malaria Game

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Thu Jun 24 23:53:47 EDT 2010

Hi,

   > I don't know the policy for hosting an activity this license on
   > Sugar Labs, and I hope someone who does know will speak up or
   > make a decision.  ;-)

We do have a policy, and I think it prohibits hosting the activity
under this license on activities.sugarlabs.org.  The policy is:

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Oversight_Board/Meeting_Minutes-2009-12-11

MOTION 1:
   adopt http://opensource.org/docs/osd as a set of guidelines for
   what is permitted on ASLO, for both software and content, and
   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Licensing#Good_Licenses's opinions on
   specific licenses where applicable, and always asking the SFC for
   advice when a particular license is under question.
-- Motion passes (6 for; 0 against; 1 abstain)

The OSD guidelines:

3. Derived Works
   The license must allow modifications and derived works, and must
   allow them to be distributed under the same terms as the license
   of the original software.

You're (WCP team) welcome to ask the Oversight Board for a formal
response tailored to this situation, since this is currently just
an informal response from me based on my reading of the policy.

Thanks,

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>