[Sugar-devel] Fwd: Free From Malaria Game

World Class Project- Dev Team develop at worldclassproject.org.uk
Wed Jun 23 07:53:06 EDT 2010

Hi

Thanks for the feedback. Please see responses below:

>The activity is on a limited CC licence that may not allow local
>modifications?

The images are not meant to be modified since it contains material and
information about health and we want to maintain the integrity of the story to
the information displayed. All text is rendered as fonts and strings and a
future release with Pootle annotation will be provided in order to allow
translation and localisation.

>the activity you see a list of game controls that are not clickable, and after
>wondering what to do, eventually someone found the "lets play" in grey at the
>bottom of the screen

We will change the front end so that the menu is more obvious and with working
buttons.

>Felt a bit weird being a mosquito and one tester just couldn't do it, biting
>children

When you say "one tester couldn't do it" do you mean, was not able to work out
how to play the game or found the concept too difficult/distressing to deal
with? The idea of the game is to impress that mosquitoes can find their hosts in
the dark and that exposed limbs are most vulnerable.

>Would be good if you could click on the map of your country and see if it said
>yes or no
malaria

In the next release we aim to have disease maps of all endemic countries. We
won't have a yes/no format but more a graphical representation of where
P.falciparum is more likely per continent/endemic country. The answer is not
straight forward yes/no so a coloured map would be more useful.

>I hope there can be more in a series of health interactive stories
We plan to make more content on hygiene and communicable diseases. This was our
first attempt at Python/Sugar but we hope to make more interactive content.

Thank you for your comments and feedback.
World Class Project