[Sugar-devel] R&D vs Product Support

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-devel at silbe.org
Fri Jun 18 09:17:19 EDT 2010

Excerpts from Bernie Innocenti's message of Thu Jun 17 22:56:27 +0000 2010:

[R&D vs. "Finished Product"]
> Every time I see a hypothetical design blocking the delivery of a quick
> & effective solution available today, I think that we should rethink our
> project structure to minimize this tension. Ensuring that the proper
> design will eventually be implemented is as important as delivering a
> sufficiently polished product to our current user base. It seems that
> the two approaches should proceed in parallel.

+5 on everything you wrote.
FWIW, this doesn't necessarily mean we have two disjunct teams. Like I am
working on both the version support branch and current bug fix currently,
there will (and should!) be some overlap between those doing R&D and those
polishing the result.

Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/