[Sugar-devel] Taking over Browse maintainership

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Wed Jun 16 11:46:42 EDT 2010

On 06/16/2010 10:08 AM, Sascha Silbe wrote:
> [Resend because mail with non-subscribed sender address was silented dropped]
>

> Since Browse has been unmaintained for several months [1] now, Lucian and I finally decided to step up as maintainers. This does NOT mean the current Browse will see a lot of improvements or even just bug fixes, as we are both already rather busy.
> We will, however, handle patches to the best of our abilities and maybe do some minor changes (e.g. include the CAcert root certs) or trivial fixes.
>
> For those who don't know yet: Lucian is working [2] on an abstraction layer that will allow Browse to use WebKit (or xulrunner, should anyone want to ;) ) as part of this years GSoC. He already worked on adding SSB support [3] to Browse during last years GSoC. I'll let these facts speak for themselves. :)
>
> If someone else would like to maintain (or co-maintain) Browse, please speak up now.
>
> Sascha

These are great news, indeed! I very much appreciate as well how you
present your proposal and second your plan on how to maintain the
activity. At the moment, it is important to do the minimum to keep it
alive. As well sharing the load by having a peer is a really good idea.

If we have others following your example we will be in a much better
position soon.

Thanks to you Sascha and Lucian!

Regards,
    Simon