[Sugar-devel] Journal Implementation Help

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Jun 16 01:38:57 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 12:37:32PM -0400, Quoc-Bao Vuong wrote:
> When making the write_file(), I was able to read in the current
> nickname, server, and channels. When I try putting them back in when
> opening the latest journal, I just get the default settings. Default
> nickname, default server, and default channels. The server makes
> sense, because irc.freenode.net was written in the code when opening
> up. The channels and nicknames were also written in the code as well,
> but I thought running add_channel() or run_command("/nick myname")
> would overwrite those settings. For channels, when I ran the command "
> /join," it did not actually add the channel into the the Core.channels
> list. It only works if  I put the line "add_channel(#example)" into
> the code.

I've not looked at your code, or the IRC activity, but I've written IRC
clients long ago ...  and there are some commands that will be ignored
by the server if they are delivered too quickly or before the first ping
pong response.  Resuming saved configuration from journal might well
help the activity to violate these restrictions.  So add some debug
logging to your activity so that you can verify the commands are being
sent at the right time.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/