[Sugar-devel] excludedocs

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Jun 14 03:22:04 EDT 2010

On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 11:35:30PM -0700, Grant Bowman wrote:
> For XO 1.5s and for SOAS is there a relatively easy way to change
> /etc/rpm/macros.imgcreate to remove the excludedocs line?

For XO-1.5, yes, edit osbuilder.py and remove the --excludedocs flag in
the on_run method of the KspkglistStage class, then construct the build
again.  There might be other things that need doing as well.

I'd be interested in hearing how much extra space is consumed.  The
extra space may increase costs to a deployment, depending on whether it
passes a size threshold.  There may be deployment teams who would like
to decide whether to keep documentation or not, depending on size of it,
and the costs of the various microSD parts they are considering.

I don't know about SoaS, sorry.

For XO-1.5 OLPC build discussions, check out the devel at lists.laptop.org

James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/