[Sugar-devel] Error in running Physics activity And how read .pdf in Read Activity

ginovation ginovation at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 14:22:14 EDT 2010

Thanks Gary and Forster , the Idea given to copy file from USB  to the
journal works.

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 8:07 PM, Gary Martin <garycmartin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Ganesh,
>
> Let me try this email thing again ;)
>
> On 10 Jun 2010, at 10:26, ginovation <ginovation at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Again with problem,
> >
> > Running sugar on Ubuntu 9.10, sugar version is 0.88,
> > I installed physics activity by downloading from sugar/activities page.
> >
> > When i try to run, it gives error as follow:
> >
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "physics.py", line 38, in <module>
> >     import Box2D as box2d
> >   File "lib/Box2D-2.0.2b1-py2.5-linux-i686.egg/Box2D/__init__.py", line
> 23, in <module>
> >
> >   File "lib/Box2D-2.0.2b1-py2.5-linux-i686.egg/Box2D/Box2D.py", line 6,
> in <module>
> >   File "lib/Box2D-2.0.2b1-py2.5-linux-i686.egg/Box2D/_Box2D.py", line 7,
> in <module>
> >   File "lib/Box2D-2.0.2b1-py2.5-linux-i686.egg/Box2D/_Box2D.py", line 6,
> in __bootstrap__
> > ImportError:
> /home/smita/.python-eggs/Box2D-2.0.2b1-py2.5-linux-i686.egg-tmp/Box2D/_Box2D.so:
> wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
>
> This is way over my head, but a quick google on that error indicates you
> are running on a 64bit platform, and that Physics only has a 32bit bundled
> with it for Box2D. If you file a ticket with the above traceback text on
> bugs.sugarlabs.org someone may be able to help fix at some point.

Yes, I am running activity on 64 bit machine. Surely I will raise ticket for
this, because most of the platforms at my place are 64 bit implementing
sugar, if this problem  get solved will help us to use activity like physics
efficiently.

> > Another query I want to ask is,
> > I am able to view PDF file which is on my USB stick, as a external
> storage space.  But when I copied the same PDF file in  my
> > .sugar/default/datastore folder. I am not able to browse for a PDF.
> >
> > Is there any mechanism where I can view  ".pdf " file in read activity,
> or it can be shown in journal, because in journal there is no extenstion for
> .pdf, it shows for text,video, image and latest activity I have done.
> >
> > Also, If I want to copy something from my USB stick to journal how to do
> it, because when I browse USB, and select file wanted to copy, it gives me
> copy option but there is no paste option in journal.
>
> From the Journal view you should be able to drag and drop the item you want
> down into the Journal icon in the bottom device strip that appears. Also
> from a Terminal activity there is a copy-to-journal command that will add
> files into the Journal.
>
> Regards,
> --Gary
>
> > --