[Sugar-devel] Hypothetical sugar-0.90 material, draft 1.

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Wed Jun 9 07:05:34 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 08, 2010 at 12:54:01AM -0400, Michael Stone wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Under the temporary working hypothesis that we want to make a Sugar release in
> a couple of months, I'd like to know more about what we might find ourselves
> integrating. Here's my current list of, er... mostly unvetted rumors. :)
>
>    1.  Aleksey: 0install integration, Vala-based sugar-toolkit

My current workflow is not targeting to soon inclusion to the core but
if people think it will be useful to start 0sugar and polyol integration
from 0.90 and keeping in mind API/ABI starting from Jul 19 2010 I can
guaranty:

* support "requires" tag in activity.info to fetch 0install dependencies
  for activities, this feature will be especially useful after adding
  PackageKit to sugar core dependencies to try install dependencies from
  native packaging system at first.

* initial polyol release with python binding that will be backward
  compatible with current sugar-toolkit (well, just an initial try).

So, having these things, 0.90 will be less stable then 0.88 is.

>    2.  Sascha: versioned datastore
>    3.  Tomeu: collaboration refactoring
>    4.  Gary + Christian: alternative activity launch UI
>    5.  Michael: git repo reorganization and build system rewrite
>    6.  Gary + Scott: preliminary touch-related UI tweaks
>    7.  Raul: rainbow
>    8.  Esteban: virtual keyboard
>    9.  Lucian: browser abstraction
>    10. Martin L.: polish
>    11. Walter: write to journal any time
>    12. Simon: dotted activity versions
>    13. Walter: enhanced color selector
>    14. Jorge + Martin A.: journal backup + restore
>    15. Andres: journal entry sorting
>    15. <you>: <your patch series here>
>
> Comments? Additions? Substitutions? Deletions?
>
> Michael

Aleksey