[Sugar-devel] Attention Activity Developers: SoaS Activity Inclusion Criteria

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Jun 7 20:17:11 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 07, 2010 at 11:54:45PM +0200, Sebastian Dziallas wrote:
> at today's SoaS meeting [1], we agreed on applying the SoaS Activity
> Inclusion Criteria [2] as outlined in the wiki [...]

You've decided to apply as policy a draft document which describes
itself as not reflecting policy.  Suggestion: remove the draft status,
approve the document, and remove section 2.11 (template text) to the
discussion page.

> to the activity selection for the upcoming release of SoaS v.4. We'd
> like to encourage you to work towards meeting these goals and to
> submit your proposals for activities and further features following
> the feature process [3] according to the release schedule [4].

I've looked through the process.  It is discouraging and complex.  I
suggest that people other than activity developers be encouraged to run
through the process on behalf of discouraged or absent activity
developers.

> We're especially lead to this step to ensure to continued stability of
> future Sugar on a Stick releases [...]

It isn't clear to me how this process will increase or ensure stability
of the Sugar on a Stick releases.  Which particular meaning of stability
are you using; a lack of change, or a lack of reported defects?

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/