[Sugar-devel] Help with olpcgames mainloop

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Sun Jun 6 15:42:29 EDT 2010

On Sun, Jun 6, 2010 at 02:57, World Class Project- Dev Team
<develop at worldclassproject.org.uk> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have managed to fix most of my bugs for my new game, but please could
> someone
> help me with this?
>
> I am using olpcgames wrapper.
>
> Exception in thread Thread-1:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/threading.py", line 525, in __bootstrap_inner
>     self.run()
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/threading.py", line 477, in run
>     self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
>   File
> "/usr/share/sugar/activities/FreeFromMalaria.activity/olpcgames/canvas.py",
> line
> 143, in _start
>     gtk.main_quit()
> RuntimeError: called outside of a mainloop
>

> The code is in git://git.sugarlabs.org/freefrommalaria/mainline.git
>
> And the main loop is in GameController.py , I cannot for the life of me
> figure
> out where this exception is being raised in my code. I have no idea whats
> being
> called outside the mainloop. Please could any one offer any insight?

I have never used pygame, but by looking at that backtrace I would
dare to say that olpcgames assumes that when _start is called your app
will be running the gtk+ event loop, which it may quit then run its
own kind of event loop.

Have you tried the pygtk tutorial? It may help you with some of the
basic concepts and terminology even if you mainly want to use pygames.

Regards,

Tomeu