[Sugar-devel] Paint: how can use keys?

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Jun 1 03:23:07 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 01, 2010 at 12:47:10AM -0300, Gonzalo Odiard wrote:
> I am trying to use the keys with the circles with diferent sizes to
> change the size of the tool, but didn't see any event.
> Can anybody help me?

I've tried what you tried, and found that there were no events logged
until focus was switched to the drawing area widget.

For example, start Paint, focus is on "Stroke Color".  Press right-arrow
key and focus moves to Pencil icon.  Press Tab once and focus will be on
the toolbar tabs.  Again, and focus will move to the Area
(gtk.DrawingArea) widget.

Only with focus there are events seen by key_press.

If you need activity global events, consider accelerators.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/