[Sugar-devel] Home view activities layout

Christian Marc Schmidt christianmarc at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 19:59:13 EDT 2010

Hi Chris--to address scalability we have a list view from which you can
select favorite activities to go in the ring. This is a similar technique to
the OSX dock or Windows taskbar.

But you raise a good point. I've always thought that there may be an
opportunity for a scalable grid view, not unlike the iPhone, that could also
show you thumbnail previews. We could adopt a paginating metaphor similar to
the iPhone or even OSX spaces to make the view infinitely scalable (the
freeform view could, for that matter, also utilize thumbnail previews). Then
we are not only addressing scalability, but also offering an additional
functional benefit. Perhaps this would be worth exploring?

Christian

anything at christianmarcschmidt.com
917/ 575 0013

http://www.christianmarcschmidt.com