[Sugar-devel] Home view activities layout

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Thu Jul 29 21:00:36 EDT 2010

Hi,

   > On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 03:57:35PM -0400, Walter Bender wrote:
   >> See http://en.flossmanuals.net/Sugar/ModifyingSugar (towards the
   >> bottom of the page).

   > +1 on the spiral.

I like it too.  I'm worried that it would scale badly, but Walter
suggested just tightening the spiral, and that sounds good to me.

Is anyone on the Design Team reading?  What would it take to move
forward with (a) including spiral, and (b) making it default?
Should we ask for input from deployments, too?

Also, how would people feel about a patch that:
  * allows drag and drop when in a non-freeform view
  * if an icon is moved while in a non-freeform view, the current
    layout switches to freeform, and the position of all the
    activities is saved as the base for the new freeform
    configuration.

(So, going to spiral, dragging one icon out of place would enable
freeform -- overwriting any previous freeform configuration -- then
going back to spiral using the layout menu would put all icons in
their spiral place, then manually going back to freeform using the
menu would restore you to spiral with the one activity you moved
back in the place you moved it to.  Hope that made sense.)

Thanks!

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>