[Sugar-devel] Datastore index corruption!

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Jul 29 18:56:26 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 05:01:32PM -0400, Bernie Innocenti wrote:
> We figured out that the datastore delays writes to disk by about 60
> seconds. This braindead behavior appears to be a *designed*
> optimization!

I recall encountering something like this last week.  The test case was
to start Record, press the shutter trigger (O game key) once a second
for two minutes, then switching to Journal while watching with dstat
over ssh.  The rate of Journal entry creation vs the disk activity over
time was unexpected to me.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/