[Sugar-devel] sugar-datastore component in trac

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Thu Jul 29 09:40:09 EDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-07-29 at 10:06 +0200, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 07:13, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org> wrote:
> > I opened a new ticket (sl#2132) on the sugar-datastore component and it
> > was automatically assigned to tomeu. I would have expected it to go to
> > silbe instead.
>
> Should have gone to Aleksey as per
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Development_Team/Release/Modules

Ok, I updated trac.

BTW, information on who maintains what is quite redundant... we have the
wiki, wrac, gitorious and the MAINTAINERS file.

Trac and Gitorious do not let you specify multiple people, so we can't
use them as the authoritative source. The MAINTAINERS file, however, is
a well-known standard in free software.

On the other hand, out-of-band documentation about a project tends to be
harder to find for new contributors. I did not know about the Modules
page in our wiki until I asked on the mailing list, not long ago.

So my proposal is: consolidate all information on the MAINTAINERS file
and prominently mark the wiki page as obsolete.