[Sugar-devel] Journal and Updating Software Process

Daniel Castelo dcastelo at plan.ceibal.edu.uy
Wed Jul 28 10:02:40 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 11:51 PM, Frederick Grose <fgrose at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 9:37 PM, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 06:37:18PM -0300, Daniel Castelo wrote:
>> > * The activities are updated
>>
>> With "Software update" or manually using Browse?
>>
>> > * The user delete the journal entry with the activity bundle
>> > downloaded for this updating process.
>> >
>> > The result of this is that the activity is deleted from sugar
>>
>> I've seen this on Sugar 0.84 if the activity was updated using Browse,
>> but not if the activity was updated using "Software update".
>>
>> > This behavour is normal? Should I reported this as a bug?
>>
>> If you think it is a bug, then check for it in bugs.sugarlabs.org
>

> See https://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/1512

Great. Thanks!
The trac ticket suggest a new behavour:

"The download event record, as a system event, might have a 'hide event'
option or not be erasable. The code bundle behind the event should, perhaps,
only be erased from the Home list view (installed-Activity-code-bundle
management), while system or Activity events and their associated object
instances are managed from the Journal of Activity event instances."

Which is the next step that I should follow to solve this issue? I suposse
that is to discuss in this email list which could be the best solution.

--
Ing. Daniel Castelo
Plan Ceibal - Área Técnica
E-mail : dcastelo at plan.ceibal.edu.uy