[Sugar-devel] How to copy something from the Journal to a pendrive?

Christoph Derndorfer christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 14:52:17 EDT 2010

Hi,

Bernie just brought my XO-1 back from the dark ages (I was using 802) by
passing me a pen-drive with build 300py (F11 + Sugar 0.88 if I'm not
mistaken).

Now playing around with it I realized that there was no menu option to copy
something from the Journal onto a pendrive. Neither the popup menu over a
Journal entry itself nor the copy-button on the details view offers such an
option. Am I mistaken or did such an option exist in earlier builds?

Thanks to the Uruguayan Sugar-devs in the room I learned that I could
drag'n'drop a Journal entry right onto the pendrive icon. This surprised me
quite a bit since I believe it's the first time I've seen drag'n'drop used
in Sugar.

Anyway, I'm thinking that adding a copy-to-pendrive option in the normal
Journal menus (both the details view as well as the normal popup menu) would
make sense since it's consistant with the rest of Sugar whereas drag'n'drop
isn't really IMHO.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Christoph