[Sugar-devel] Fedora 14 / SoaS 4 changed heads up

pbrobinson at gmail.com pbrobinson at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 18:21:37 EDT 2010

Hi All,

I thought I'd send a message to give people a heads up to the changes
that are going into Fedora 14 that might have an impact on sugar.

So the major changes are... in no particular order:

-  gnome 3 and all the associated changes. There's going to be api
changes. This has already hit us with Read
- python 2.7 (no idea of the impact of this but its about to hit rawhide)
- xapian 1.2
- csound 5.12 (I'm hoping to get this in shortly)
- systemd. For that those that don't know this is a massive change to
the init process. I don't think it should impact badly.

There's likely to be something I've missed but I think that's the
major changes to be aware of. Let me know if you have any queries.

Peter