[Sugar-devel] Memorize Game sharing a Created game

Tom Parker tom at carrott.org
Thu Jul 22 06:11:51 EDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-07-22 at 13:24 +1000, David Leeming wrote:

> I would like to understand the correct procedure to share and invite a
> Memorize game that has been created on an XO. Whenever we try this it
> is very difficult to make it work. Using XO-1.0 / 8.2.1 and
> Memorize-34

We tested the memorize that comes with 8.2.1 and had no trouble. We
shared one of the pre-defined games. We made a word/word game and shared
that and we made a picture/word game and shared that. We didn't see any
problems.

> 2.      Try to invite or share with others. On the XOs that have
> joined, the game area remains blank (black) and nothing seems to load
> further

We erased the Memorize supplied with 8.2.1 and installed Memorize 34 and
find the same issue you report. Unfortunately we didn't make a note of
the version supplied with 8.2.1, so I can't tell you which one did work
for us.

There are some exceptions in the log (why aren't these presented to the
user??) and I've raised http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2115