[Sugar-devel] HELP REQUEST: Record activity developers / gstream experts

Joseph Gordon agordonxii at me.com
Fri Jul 16 07:54:39 EDT 2010

Dear developers

First I'd like to say I love your code and it was easy to find where the changes would be made. I am working on a secondary school deployment of 1.5s and I would like to support usb microscopes within the sugar environment. I am working at Ntugi school in kenya www.ntugischool.com feel free to look us up.

My device can be called with gstream as /dev/video1 but does not support frame caps, colorspace or other driver controls. All i want to be able to do is see the live image and take a picture. I can make most of the gui changes but im stuck when it comes to glive.py. I do not know where the changes need to be made to support this device. I can take a pic with pipeline = gst.parse_launch('v4l2src device=/dev/video1 ! jpegenc ! filesink location=/tmp/microscope.jpg')

Any feedback would be great.

Adam Gordon
Upper Canada College
Toronto, ON, Canada
www.ntugischool.com

PS. I am in Kenya until the 21st where implementation would be easy, though the communication between us is strong enough to impliment this later aswell.