[Sugar-devel] Missing Jacket

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Sun Jul 11 10:12:06 EDT 2010

[cc += sugar-devel@]

El Tue, 06-07-2010 a las 07:32 -0400, Samuel Klein escribió:

> Bernie -- I meant to send this to you earlier -- you will be pleased
> to know that I got to know someone devoted to the demoscene when I was
> in Oxford the other week, and he is bound and determined now to get
> modern demos working on XOs.  I think this would make a really
> fantastic collection to ship... and a nice language-free encouragement
> to learn to hack (or make art and music :-).

That's amazing! Please, also have a look to my TODO list of old-skool
activities:

== Bernie's Retro Activities ==
XaoS
SoundTracker
GrafX2
Golly
Mame
Geeki
TextEdit

Of these, I only ported XaoS--it's on ASLO.

For SoundTracker, I have an unfinished port to GTK2... It would need
some more work. All the others are straight-forward.

To ease porting non-native software, we should implement the
startup-notification protocol in Sugar. Currently, Sugar uses a custom
handshake protocol which requires activities to do set custom atoms in
their main window and talk over DBus.

There's a "sugarize" wrapper script which fools Sugar, but it's hardly
an ideal solution.