[Sugar-devel] UI experiments: pop-up menus and hot corners

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Sat Jul 3 19:15:57 EDT 2010

El Fri, 02-07-2010 a las 04:49 -0500, Mikus Grinbergs escribió:

> > I received no comments so far. I'll ask my testers to give an opinion
> > whether they like it more this way after a few days of adjustment.
>
> Sounds like something I would have an interest in.  What does this do ?

It makes menus pop-up immediately instead of after a 2 seconds delay.

Ideally, we'd want users to click the right button explicitly, but even
if we increase the delay, most users sit and wait patiently for the menu
to open automatically. It seems to be a perverse form of laziness :-)

In F11-0.88 I have also disabled the hot-corners for the frame. I don't
like it, but Tim Falconer asked me to do it at Realness and there was a
chorus of approval. They're probably still using the G1G1 crap software
with the jumpy touchpad (I fixed it over 2 years ago :-)

At some point, I will ask the children and their teachers to comment on
these changes. So far nobody said anything: whether they like it or not,
it's probably not a very big deal for them.