[Sugar-devel] Clocks on XOs

Kevin Mark kevin.mark at verizon.net
Sat Jul 3 13:07:29 EDT 2010

On Fri, Jul 02, 2010 at 08:15:38PM -0700, Hal Murray wrote:
> Was: Subject: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Caacup=E9?= war bullettin -- day 1
>
> bernie at codewiz.org said:
> > * Date not being updated
> > One laptop booted with clock set to the Epoch.
>
> Is that one of the old XOs that had troubles with the tiny battery feeding
> the TOY/RTC clock when the main battery and wall power are both disconnected?
>  I forget the details, but I think there was a problem with the battery
> holder.

the 'd6 bricking' has 2 common symptoms: the laptop boots with a dark screen
and the mic light flashes and never goes further or the laptop boots with a
message about an invalid date and goes no further. That is for non-lease-bound
XOs. The lease complicates this as because when you have to re-image the
laptop, you need to get a lease file onto the laptop to activate the laptop.
See:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Fix_Clock
(let me know if you want to add a spanish translation)
cheers,
Kev
--
|  .''`.  == Debian GNU/Linux ==.| http://kevix.myopenid.com......|
| : :' :     The Universal OS....| mysite.verizon.net/kevin.mark/.|