[Sugar-devel] Activity list & favorites view

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Sat Jul 3 08:30:21 EDT 2010

[cc += sugar-devel@]

El Fri, 02-07-2010 a las 05:57 -0500, Mikus Grinbergs escribió:
> > Does this solve the issue? I will apply it tomorrow.
> > ---
> >  src/jarabe/desktop/activitieslist.py
>
> This change was already in sugar-0.88.1-5.11bernie.fc11
>
> But - which "issue" are you referring to here?
> If it is to Home List View being shown "oldest first" --
> that problem is still present, even with sugar-0.88.1-5.11bernie.fc11
> installed on top of os284py.

Yes, this is the issue I was referring to.

I've applied Jorge's patch to sugar-0.88.1-5.12bernie.fc11 and it
appears to work.

> [If by "issue" you are referring to my 0.88 Home Ring View sometimes
> showing many many icons (which overlap themselves), one symptom appears
> to be obsolete activity versions in ~/.sugar/default/favorite_activities
> -- and I have defensively put favorite_activities reset code in .bashrc
> The difficulty lies in this issue seeming random - I don't know how to
> make it occur.  I'll take my reset code out, and run for some days with
> the changed activitieslist.py - and see if my Home Ring View behaves.]

I have never seen the issue you describe myself. However, multiple
teachers swear that in some cases *ALL* the activities disappear from
the activity circle. It's not clear whether they are deleted from the
filesystem too.

Did anyone ever see this?