[Sugar-devel] Clocks on XOs

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-devel at silbe.org
Sat Jul 3 05:24:38 EDT 2010

Excerpts from Hal Murray's message of Sat Jul 03 03:15:38 +0000 2010:

> > Why aren't we using ntp?
> ntp is probably overkill for XOs.  Besides, who would want to give up that
> much ram?
openntpd uses 390.5 KB on my XO-1 (measured using ps_mem.py after an
uptime of 22 days).

>  On top of that, ntpd doesn't get along with power saving mode.
I haven't noticed anything odd. Either it's been fixed in the meantime or
it was only subtle misbehaviour. Do you have a ticket number or link to a
description of the problem that has been experienced before?

Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/
http://www.infra-silbe.de/