[Sugar-devel] Restoring the journal from an 0.82 image

Luis Michelena luis.michelena at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 19:50:12 EDT 2010

I have reflashed my XO (bettie given by Erik
Garrison<http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=3802&ref=search>after
his layout from olpc) with the 0.88 beta image(I have another, but has
the Uruguayan ofw keys), and I'm amazed by the improvements.

But I'd would like to restore the 0.82 journal to the new configuration, is
the journal format in 0.82 compatible with 0.88?, to try to backport the
backup/restore scripts to the 0.82?
At the moment, I'm loop(mtdblock and block2mtd ) mounting the 0.82 image,
but I haven't figured out how to copy the journal.

Thanx,
Luis