[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Fwd: #2063 UNSP: Sugar should bring up an alert when an unhandled Python exception occurs

Gary Martin garycmartin at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 1 14:11:12 EDT 2010

Oh my this would need to be one subtle alert... It's one thing for testers/developers (I.e. fantastic) but quite another for spamming our target age range users! It would definitely need to be a control panel so folks can switch it on/off.

Question: is this for Activities, Sugar, or both?

'Simple' proposal (from the UI side), how about an insect bug shaped icon notification that pulses for a few cycles in a corner (activity corner?) when a traceback hits. That could be enough so interested parties can go use Log, and the other 99.99% of users to at least recognised 'something just went wrong'.

Regards,
--Gary